Register to Subscribe



Home arrow News arrow Business News arrow WILO SE inaugurates Pump Manufacturing Plant at Kolhapur
WILO SE inaugurates Pump Manufacturing Plant at Kolhapur Print E-mail
Written by Vivek   
Tuesday, 22 March 2011
Pune: Pump and pumping system manufacturer, WILO SE inaugurated it's manufacturing plant for water-handling pumps and pumping systems at Kolhapur, Maharashtra.

Jochen Oplender, Chairman emeritus of WILO SE said that WILO plans to invest over Rs.200 crore in next five years, infusing funds into the infrastructure , technology up gradation and plant & machinery at it's manufacturing facilities at Pune and Kolhapur.

"We also will create job opportunity for 1000 skilled and semi-skilled manpower by 2015," he added. WILO SE has set up a R&D center at Pune, the first such WILO facility outside of Germany, where 40 engineers are working on new generation product development.

The new manufacturing plant in Kolhapur is expected to contribute Rs 150 crores to the company's turnover. Of this, 80 percent would come in from the Indian market while the international markets would contribute the remaining 20 percent share.

The factory has a built up area of 6000 sq. meters. It has been designed, keeping in mind the most stringent environment friendly norms and the company is applying for Gold Certified Green Building.

In India WILO operates through its subsidiary Mather and Platt Pumps Ltd. WILO acquired Mather and Platt in 2005. "Since its acquisition Mather and Platt has grown rapidly in domestic and export markets. Mather and Platt has also been assigned with the manufacturing of WILO products for Indian and overseas markets," said R.P.Bhatia, CEO of Mather and Platt.

 
Related news
More recent
Earlier on
< Prev   Next >

Sponsors

Mazak - The world's largest machine tool builder
JYOTI - India's most dynamic machine builder
TaeguTec - Cost effective tooling solutions
Advertisement

<< SHARE

Social

AD

Subscribe

Subscribe to MACHINIST by Email

Search

 
RSS 1.0
© 2019 MACHINIST
This site is best viewed with Firefox 2.0 or higher at a minimum screen resolution of 1024x768