Register to Subscribe



Home arrow News arrow Business News arrow IFGL sets up new facility at Kandla for Continuous Casting Refractories
IFGL sets up new facility at Kandla for Continuous Casting Refractories Print E-mail
Written by Satish   
Friday, 21 October 2011
Kolkata: IFGL Refractories Ltd (IFGL), manufacturers of specialized Refractories and operating systems for the iron and steel industry, has set up a new state-of-the-art facility at Kandla Special Economic Zone in Gujarat to manufacture Continuous Casting Refractories. This is the group's third manufacturing unit after Ohio (USA) and Rourkela (India).

The Group Chairman Shishir Kr Bajoria said the new manufacturing plant, set up mostly with in-house expertise, is expected to start commercial production from the 1st of November, 2011. Production trials have been successful.

The unit, set up under IFGL Exports Limited (IEL), was inaugurated by Mrs. Smita Bajoria the wife of Group Chairman, Mr Shishir Kr Bajoria. Mr Pradeep Bajoria, Managing Director, IFGL, Mr Ichiro Takita Vice President of Krosaki Harima Corporation (KHC), subsidiary of Nippon Steel Corporation of Japan, and several dignitaries and local authorities were present at the inaugural function.

The IFGL Group now has three strategically located manufacturing facilities for Continuous Casting Refractories. EI Ceramics (EIC), located in Cincinnati, Ohio (USA), caters to the US, Canada, and Mexico. IFGL's Rourkela (Orissa) unit will henceforth be geared up to meet the increasing domestic demand and also to the steel plants located in South East Asia. IEL, Kandla, will export its products to the Middle East and European markets.

About 20 per cent of equity share capital of IEL is held by Krosaki Harima Corporation (KHC), Japan, while the remaining 80 per cent is held by IFGL and other Group entities. KHC has been the equity and technical partner in IFGL for over 20 years.

IFGL also has, as its subsidiary, IFGL Monocon Holdings Ltd manufacturing refractories in the UK, USA, China and Brazil, and Hofmann Ceramic with manufacturing highly specialized refractories also for the metals industry with plants in Germany and the Czech Republic.

 
Related news
More recent
Earlier on
< Prev   Next >

Sponsors

Mazak - The world's largest machine tool builder
JYOTI - India's most dynamic machine builder
TaeguTec - Cost effective tooling solutions
Advertisement

<< SHARE

Social

AD

Subscribe

Subscribe to MACHINIST by Email

Search

 
RSS 1.0
© 2020 MACHINIST
This site is best viewed with Firefox 2.0 or higher at a minimum screen resolution of 1024x768